Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Weekend? What Weekend?!

The gig was good!
photo: ©Tamarind Free Jones
I'm glad I skipped the race on Saturday. The weekend was full enough. On that day I just did a fast-ish 52-mile ride.

Our band No Exit's Sunday gig at the Haight Ashbury Street Fair was a lot of fun, if all too brief (30 minutes). Twenty or thirty of our die-hard fans came out to support us, and we entertained some salty denizens of SF's Park District.

The stage crew was extremely professional. Not only was there a board operator for the live mix, but a dedicated tech for the monitor mix. He roamed around onstage during our sound check tweaking the monitor mix using his iPad until we were happy with it. There was a secure barricaded perimeter for equipment and plenty of extra hands to load in and out.

I think we hid any goofs on our performance pretty well and overall it was a great morning. Jen and I were home by lunch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment